Warm months in Monticello and Monon means more time outdoors and more wear and tear on your lawn and garden. Insects, weeds, pets, and company all play a role in your garden not being as good looking as it once was. Fear not! Dye Home Improvement has the knowledge, products, and recommendations to get your grass from run-down to impressive in no time.
Lawn Care Year Round
While most of us only think of our Monticello and Monon lawn and garden in the summer months, regular maintenance throughout the year helps keep your yard looking greener and your garden full of life.
- Starting with fall, bushes and plants need to be cut back, sprinklers should be emptied, and grass should be fertilized for the final time.
- Winter in Monticello and Monon is easy, once it freezes, let your grass be. If you maintained it in the fall, it’s fine until spring!
- With the warm up of spring comes the first mow of the year, beginning starter plants inside, and the plans of outdoor improvements.
- Summertime in Monticello and Monon means routine feedings, planting started flowers and vegetables, cutting your grass a little higher, (so it doesn’t brown as easily,) and seeding any areas that are thin.
Of course, maintaining your Monticello and Monon lawn and garden means tools. And just like your lawn, tools need to be kept up too.
- Emptying the gas out of your power tools at the end of summer will help limit old fuel from wercking the motor and will prevent expensive repairs. (This goes for oil as well, change old oil at the end of the yard care season.)
- Gardening tools need care too. Keeping your pruning shears, shovels, and other gardening tools sharpened and free of rust will stop damage or rot to your plants.
Keeping Pests at Bay
Your garden provides the perfect scenic backdrop for gatherings throughout the summer, until that first mosquito bite or accidental step on a prickly weed happens. No worries, we can help you prevent the never-ending itch of biting bugs and the pain of not-so-nice plants.
- Spraying or spreading for weeds, crabgrass, and biting insects should be done at the very beginning of summer and depending on what kind of prevention is used, every 2 to 6 weeks afterwards.
- To keep you and your pets safe when using insecticides or herbicides, always read the product labels
Everyone usually likes summer and the energy it brings to our outside spaces. If you are searching for the best products to keep your Monticello and Monon lawn and garden
green, happy, and worry-free, Dye Home Improvement is the place to be.